How the NEW HCG Diet Started
Quicklink to the NEW HCG Diet Guide
Chances are, you’ve heard of the infamous HCG Diet, the diet that requires injections of HCG hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin) and an extremely strict 500 calorie diet. The diet has been associated with extreme weight loss, with reports of dieters losing a pound a day.
Since published, the diet has been controversial at best. The reason? To begin with, the original protocol came with some pretty strict and unique rules to what we are familiar with in the weight loss world. For example, the restricted 500 calorie diet only allowed one vegetable peer meal, prohibited the use of body lotions, oils, and specific personal hygiene products. In addition, exercise was prohibited on the diet. Completely opposite of what modern diets suggest for weight loss. Completely opposite because this is the first diet that took a medical, hormone and body chemical approach to weight loss- something modern cultures are not used to.
In addition to this unique approach to losing weight, no doctor could explain exactly how the diet worked, leaving critics to pin the weight loss on the strict diet, caloric restrictions, and also suggesting the use of hCG was a placebo effect at best. The only problem with this was… millions of successful hCG dieters were walking proof that the diet did exactly what it claimed; dramatic weight loss that was kept off for years (even decades,) low calorie diet but no hunger, adipose fatty tissue reduction but muscle retention while on the plan, and the list goes on.
With all the success stories pouring in, more and more doctors started taking the diet seriously and applying modern health science to understand, not only how the diet worked but how to improve it using the knowledge and medicine we have today. The result? The original Simeons protoccol has evolved into the NEW HCG Diet.
What is the NEW HCG Diet?
The NEW HCG Diet continues on as a new approach to weight loss. As Dr. Oz and countless other authorities have now come to conclude, the diet works and is supported by countless studies and clinical trials.
The key differences between the original protocol and the NEW HCG Diet
- Dosage is customized, with a higher dosage than previously published
- Guidelines for the protocol are based on the patients age and gender
- Food diets now range from 500 to 1500 calories and are based on the patients needs and history
- Lipotropic injections and B12 are used to increase fat loss and reduce the chances of plateaus
- Exercise is now encouraged on the diet and again, based on the physical state of the patient
How Does the HCG Hormone Work for Weight Loss? A Truly Scientific Approach to Weight Loss.
There is a surprisingly simple answer to this question: HCG does not make you lose weight – the diet makes you lose weight. However, the HCG injections change how you lose the weight. According to Dr. Sheri L. Emma, a recently featured guest on the Dr. Oz Show, HCG creates chemical reactions in the body that result in a number of benefits when used for weight loss:
- By patient report, HCG reduces feelings of hunger. This allows them to eat very little comfortably. Why? The presence of HCG in the bloodstream takes the appetite away. In pregnant women, HCG often causes feelings of nausea in the early stages of pregnancy.
- HCG is a pro-hormone (also referred to as a super-hormone) which helps the body make more hormones. Since hormone deficiency or imbalance is a common reason for weight gain, whether it’s your thyroid, or menopause (or andropause), this hormone offers help.
HCG injections have been shown to raise blood levels of HCG with a lower dosage of HCG than drops, pills or sprays. The reason for this is that injections place the HCG directly into the bloodstream where other forms of HCG must go through the digestion process, which loses some of the potency before entering the blood.
- The most obvious is to find a local doctor that you feel comfortable with, that will work with you to customize the HCG Diet protocol to fit your personal health profile and needs.
- A second and more popular option, is to take advantage of the growing new age of medicine: Telehealth. These are doctors that treat patients through the use of modern day technology: Phone, email, video conference and even chat. Welcome to the new age- this is a growing form of practice and completely legitimate. Luckily, there are several trustworthy HCG Diet Brands that offer this service. You can read more about this here: Where to Buy HCG Online.
Ready to read more? Read the extended version here: The HCG Diet Guide.