Personal Care Products Permitted on Original HCG Diet
Also see: Where to Shop for Products
hCG Diet-Friendly Products
We have compiled a list of hCG friendly beauty and personal care products for use with the hCG Diet and are continually researching new products to make it easy for you. We have included a basic list of shampoos, soaps, and lotion options, as well as companies that offer organic and/or all natural cosmetics and beauty products. Please note that some products may not be safe for all hCG protocols. Be sure to check ingredients according to your hCG diet provider’s specific orders.
While organic products generally lead to maximum weight loss results, Dr. Simeons’ protocol only prohibits products with fat (for example, lanolin based lotions) and oil (example: oil based cosmetics) to avoid weight gain through absorption by the body.
In contrast, Kevin Trudeau’s protocol, The Weight Loss Cure, suggests organic products cleanse the body while helping dieters to lose at a more rapid, efficient rate with healthier results.
Individual Products and Brands:
Thai Stick, There deo stick, crystal deodorant (wet crystal and apply), baking soda
- Lotions and Dry Skin:
Coconut oil, plain mineral oil (has no nutritional value), most baby oils are mineral oils or try lotions/moisturizers with a mineral oil base.
Consider getting your eyelashes tinted to replace mascara, although most mascaras are not prohibited. Roux Lash And Brow Tint Kit in Brown and Black
Tom’s toothpaste, baking soda, spry toothpaste, baking soda Tom’s of Maine
Zest, Ivory and Dial, Jasons, baking soda Zest Bath Soap
- Face Soaps and makeup removers:
Jasons products JASON Natural Satin Soap
Many of these products can be difficult to find. We have compiled a list of links where they can be found. Also, Amazon.com offers many hCG Diet Friendly products and can be found with this search:
hCG diet – Products often asked about
- Not permitted- Burt’s Bees chapstick (contains lanolin)
- Not permitted- oil based facial makeup– exchange for powder, or bronzer
- Lipsticks, eyebrow pencils, and powder are allowed on the Simeons protocol- as long as they do not contain fat or oils.
- No medications are allowed (bye bye Nyquil.) This does not mean prescription medications and a doctor should be consulted before going on this diet regarding how your medications may be effected, and any complications between your prescription and hCG.
- Aspirin and birth control are allowed on the Simeons hCG Diet.
- No massage of any kind is allowed, no massage oils are permitted.
“…fats, oils, creams and ointments applied to the skin are absorbed and interfere with weight reduction by hCG just as if they had been eaten.” Dr. Simeon on Cosmetics.