Wondering which foods to eat during Phase 1, loading days? I have the best food list for you!
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE FAT BABY!
The main focus during Phase 1, is on FATS. Blunt, but true. The loading foods can help you make the transition from carb burning to fat burning faster easier and lower the risk of the dreaded HCG diet headache. It’s also an important step in avoiding cheats, since you’ve recently had temptation foods.
During the loading days you want to avoid high sugar foods as this also will lessen any hCG diet headache.
We we have complied a list of healthy fats to keep you heart healthy and to give you much better fat choice for you.
HCG Diet Phase 1 Food List (Perfect loading day foods)
- Avocado Oil for cooking (high smoke rate) and salads
- Olive Oils
- Lake Trout
- Macadamia Nuts
- Brazil nuts
- Natural or Organic Peanut Butter
- Flax Seeds
- Flax Seed Oil
- Whole Eggs
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Hurricane Mayo
- Heavy Cream
- Cottage Cheese
Suggested Phase 1 Foods:
- Rich dressings including hollandaise sauce, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, etc (think creamy)
- Fried meats including chicken, pork, shrimp
- Meats including sausage, bacon, pork ribs, beef franks/hot dogs, hamburger
- Cheese, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, milk shakes
- Avocados, guacamole
- Nuts of all kinds
- Starches: potatoes (mashed with gravy and real butter)
- Breads: bagels, burger/hot dog buns (whole wheat/seeded recommended)
- Temptation sweets: pastries, cheesecake, ice-cream, doughnuts. Your focus should still be on healthy fats, but feel free to enjoy sweets you may crave while your body adjusts to phase 2, during weight loss.
Can you eat other kinds of foods? YES! But make sure you make your hCG diet load days as fat as possible. You are not restricted to anything. These are just the best choices.
Remember eat until full.
Sample phase 1 Loading Menu:
Breakfast: Eggs (cooked any way), turkey sausage or bacon, whole wheat toast with peanut butter, almond butter, butter, or cream cheese.
Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna fish with mayonnaise) and avocado, with or without whole wheat bread. Healthy tip: Mix in cut up spinach and sea salt. For a little “bite” try adding a few shakes of cayenne pepper.
Dinner: Baked salmon with butter-cooked vegetables covered in cheese. Baked or mashed potatoes with cheese and sour cream.
Breakfast: Eggs Benedict with hollandaise sauce, bacon or sausage, whole wheat pancakes.
Lunch: Guacamole burger with cheese, sweet potato french fries, salad with full fat dressing.
Dinner: Steak with sautéed mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy with real butter, sourdough garlic bread with cheese and real butter, followed by a temptation dessert such as chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.
Alternative meal: Nachos with chicken, cheese, black beans, onion, cilantro, sour cream and guacamole.
Phase 1 Snack Food Suggestions:
- Deviled eggs
- Guacamole and salsa with chips
- Mixed nuts
- Jerky of any kind
- Snack meats with cheese and crackers
- Any favorite food you may be tempted to cheat with during phase 2.